One of my bigger transgressions when it comes to food is ice cream, I just can’t, or won’t live without it. Considering that I’m willing to bet there are a couple of people who feel the same as me, and are on keto. So you’re in luck as here is a tried and tested keto ice cream recipe for the summer! And winter, and every season to be honest, it’s just that good.
Keto ice cream recipe
It’s very simple and easy to make. You DO need an ice cream maker, but nothing fancy, the cheapest one will do.
I have a simple one, which has a freezing container that can be detached, and put in the freezer, so you can store it.
You need the following
- 6 eggs (free range in possible, it isn’t a deal breaker tho)
- Vanilla flavoring
- 10 drops of lemon juice for taste
- 100g butter
- 100g coconut oil
- 50g MCT oil (very important for its consistency)
- 80g erythritol
- upto 100 ml of water or ice ( I suggest you use less, then add more if necessary)
- (recommended) 30g to 60g cocoa powder
- A blender
- An ice cream maker
- Put all the ingredients aside from the water/ice in the blender and blend it. It may take a while, but you should blend until you end up with a creamy mass.
- Add water/ice and blend until it’s completely absorbed. If you want your keto ice cream to be creamy, it should have a yogurt like consistency.
- Pour the keto ice cream mass into the ice cream maker, turn it on and let it do its magic. The longer it mixes the creamer it will be, it will have a gelato like consistency.*
- Enjoy your delicious keto ice cream, you deserve it!
*NOTE: If you don’t have a fancy expensive ice cream maker, don’t forget to put the freezing container in the freezer a day before. I made that mistake the first time.
The end result
I recommend trying this keto ice cream recipe, and if you happen to like it, feel free to comment and share it with your friends.